BetterZip 4.0.2 (1197) macOS | 10 Mb
BetterZip is a fully-featured and user-friendly Mac OS X application that provides the required tools to compress files and folders, edit existing archives, preview their content and password protect sensitive data.
Here is a short list of the most important new features and enhancements in the latest generation of BetterZip.
Integration with Other Apps
- The new Finder extension puts all your presets in the Finder's toolbar. Select some files in Finder, click the BetterZip button and choose one of your presets from the drop-down menu to create an archive with these files. Of course, you can also invoke any of your extraction presets on selected archives.
- BetterZip 4 lets you define as many services as you like instead of the preconfigured two that prior versions offered. Use the tools menu in the preset configuration to add a service for the preset with a name of your choosing.
- BetterZip 4 also comes with Automator actions for extracting and compressing as part of a workflow.
- And BetterZip 4 interacts nicely with other apps like Alfred, LaunchBar, and DropZone.
- All this is made possible by enhanced AppleScript support.
The Favorites Sidebar Received Some Love
In the new version you can rename, copy, move, and delete archives, open an archive in a new window or a new tab, display and treat multi-volume archives as one item. You can also choose to show all files in the sidebar instead of only archives. Also, Finder labels!
New Drop Bar
Drop files on the new Drop Bar with drop areas for your favorite presets to instantly compress or extract them.
Drill into folders by double-clicking them like in Finder. A folder path is displayed above the archive contents which gives you easy navigation to all parent folders and allows you to drop items directly into them.
Keep Archives Free of Mac Stuff
When modifying an archive that currently has no Mac specific stuff (metadata, Finder settings, etc.) in it you can now keep all Mac stuff out, add Mac stuff to the archive, or be asked every time what you want to do. Set your preferred option on the General tab of the BetterZip preferences.
Repair RAR Archives
If you install the external rar command line tool, BetterZip 4 can try to repair damaged archives when opening or extracting them. Recovery volumes are now treated like other parts of a multi-volume rar archives.
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.10 or later.